2016 Manning Centre Conference
"Recharging the Right" - That was the theme of the 2016 Manning Centre Conference; held in Ottawa from February 25-27.
At the conference, attendees discussed how political parties and politicians - that want a large role for government - governed eight of ten provincial governments, the federal government, and in many municipalities.
Conference attendees discussed how Canada's conservative movement can recharge on various areas public policy issues and in terms of strategies and tactics used by our side.
Below are links to the pictures, videos, and audio files from the conference. Enjoy!
To view pictures from the conference, click on the image below or visit this link – click here
YouTube Video Clips: We've got lots of great videos from the 2016 Manning Centre Conference. Here are a few highlights:
- Speeches by leadership contenders (Kevin O'Leary, Michael Chong, Lisa Raitt, Tony Clement and Maxime Bernier)
- Speeches by Preston Manning, Morton Blackwell, Jim DeMint and Michael Gerson
- Panel discussions - marijuana legalization panel, the media panel and green conservatism to name a few
To view YouTube clips from the conference - click here.
- A Win / Win Solution To Aboriginal Affairs: John Richards, Chuck Strahl, Brian Lee Crowley, and Elmer Ghostkeeper
This panel explores ideas for improving prosperity for Canada's aboriginal people.
- Meet and Greet with Adrianne Batra and Sara MacIntyre
Batra and MacIntyre discuss the interesting relationship between media and the conservative movement
- Atlas Network Lunch: Jim DeMint
DeMint discusses the current presidential campaign occurring in the U.S.
- Building a Conservative Coalition
DeMint reviews how to empower the right
- Focus on Municipalities: Peter McCaffrey, Stephanie Kusie, Benjamin Dachis
Panel demonstrates how research and issue advocacy can help politicians at a municipal level
- Is The Future Of Oil And Gas The Real Ballot Question?: Michael Binnion, Eric Tetrault, Jeff Gaulin and Kenneth Green
Panel shares views on the current political environment the oil and gas industry is operating within
- The Government Wears Prada: Colin Craig
Craig, author of The Government Wears Prada, teaches students about addressing wasteful government spending
- Meet and Greet with Kevin O’Leary
O’Leary discusses how the conservative movement needs to rebrand itself before the next federal election
- Labour Pains: How To Improve Fairness For Taxpayers: Troy Lanigan, Charles Lammam, and Terrance Oakey
This panel explores how to rebalance the relationship between unions and governments; particularly government employee unions.
- Meet and Greet with Michael Chong
Chong shares his reasons for why he might run for leadership
- Meet and Greet with Mitch Wexler
Wexler shares his experience working on Rob Ford’s campaign
- Meet and Greet with Brian Jean and Patrick Brown
Jean and Brown discuss possible solutions to recharging the right (Note: unfortunately this clip missed the first few seconds)
- State of the Conservative Movement: Garnett Genuis and Heather Scott-Marshall
Speakers review the current state of the conservative movement
- The Grey Tsunami: Merrliee Fullerton, Nadeem Esmail, William Robson
Panel explores challenges associated with Canada's aging population and possible solutions
- Meet and Greet with Tony Clement
Clement shares reasons why he might run for leadership
The Manning Centre would like to thank the following donors for their kind sponsorship towards the 2016 Manning Centre Conference.
Without their contributions, our event would not have been a success!