- Students & Youth
- Creative Service Centre
Preston Manning, PC CC AOE is the Founder and President of the Manning Centre.
He served as a Member of Parliament from 1993 to 2001 and founded two political parties – the Reform Party of Canada and the Canadian Reform Conservative Alliance. Both of those parties became the Official Opposition in the Canadian Parliament, and laid the foundation for the new Conservative Party of Canada. Mr. Manning served as Leader of the Opposition from 1997 to 2000 and also served as his party’s science and technology critic. In 2007, he was made a Companion of the Order of Canada and in 2013 he was appointed to the Privy Council.
Mr. Manning graduated from the University of Alberta with a BA in Economics and provided consulting services to the energy industry for twenty years before entering the political arena. He has received honorary degrees from the University of Calgary, University of Alberta, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Tyndale University College, York University, University of Toronto, Carleton University and the University of British Columbia.
Mr. Manning resides in Calgary with his wife, Sandra. The Mannings have five grown children and eleven grandchildren.
Preston Manning is happy to speak at your event on the following topics:
- “So you think you want to run for public office?”
- Strengthening the knowledge and skills of political practitioners
- Democratic representation
- 20 Questions a lawmaker should ask
- Market-based solutions to public issues
- Green Conservatism
- Navigating the Faith-Political Interface – Lessons from Wilberforce on how to campaign on a moral issue
- Understanding and Harnessing Populism
- Beyond Left-Centre-Right Politics
If you are interested in having Preston speak at your event, please direct inquiries to email@example.com.