- Students & Youth
About the Manning Centre Conference
On-site registration opens on Thursday, February 23 at 1pm (registration available on Friday & Saturday as well)
"Take the lead" – that's the theme for our 2017 Manning Centre Conference (February 23-25 in Ottawa) and here's a snapshot of what you can expect to see:
- Unique leadership debate – We'll be hosting a debate featuring those running for leader of the Conservative Party of Canada. However, instead of having 14 candidates on stage at the same time for each question, we plan on mixing up the format – you won't want to miss it!
- Interesting panel topics – We'll be discussing how conservatives can take the lead in different policy areas. From the future of the CBC (Privatize it? Reform it?) to tackling radical Islam and deficit situations, we'll be exploring a number of interesting policy challenges and solutions. (See below for more details)
- Training sessions – We'll once again be offering training sessions so that conservatives and libertarians can lead on social media and through other campaign-related skills
- Networking opportunities – There will be plenty of time to network with those running for leader, like-minded activists from across Canada and those involved in think tanks, advocacy organizations and other parts of the movement.
- Video contest – We're currently holding a video – "Why I'm a conservative" – and will be running the best submissions from young people at the conference. To learn more about how you could win a free trip to the conference – click here
Over the coming weeks we'll be posting more details on speakers, panel topics, training sessions and other conference details. In the mean time, below are some details that have been confirmed for the conference. (Click here to see pictures & videos from past conferences)
One thing should be clear, the 2017 Manning Centre Conference is shaping up to once again be the event for conservatives and libertarians to attend in Canada.