- Students & Youth
- Creative Service Centre
Dealing with Deficits
Thursday, 11 May 2017 - 8:45am
Tackling a deficit in government can often be an enormously difficult task.
That’s why the Manning Centre put together our “Dealing with Deficits” education series.
In this education series, you'll have an opportunity to hear advice from:
- Mike Harris, former Premier of Ontario - Balanced Ontario's budget for the first time in decades
- Joe Oliver, former Minister of Finance - Balanced the federal budget after the economic slowdown
- Kevin Falcon, former B.C. Minister of Finance - Helped balance B.C.'s budget
- Stockwell Day, former Leader of the Official Opposition, former Alberta Minister of Labour - Reduced civil service pay by 5% in Alberta
- Dan Ashton, former Mayor of Penticton - Froze property taxes in Penticton for three years in a row
In addition to those clips, we've put together short clips that discuss:
- Communications advice related to cutting spending
- 10 examples of ways governments can reduce spending