- Students & Youth
- Creative Service Centre
Job Posting: Media Designer Internship
Thursday, 27 July 2017 - 3:45pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reports to: Director of Digital Communications
Duration: 4-8 Months
Our Mission: To equip the next generation of political leaders, particularly those who share our conservative values, with ideas, skills and networks necessary to serve the best interests of Canadians.
Our Vision: A free and democratic Canada where conservative principles are well articulated, understood, and implemented.
- Individual freedom, worth and responsibility
- Free markets, freedom of choice, and limited government
- Canada’s cultural religious, and democratic traditions
- Strong families and communities
- Principled and prepared leadership
- An informed, deliberative citizenry
- Grassroots, democratic participation and decision-making
This position requires the ability to think creatively and summarize concepts and data into easily communicated means through visual methods, for instance, using infographics, video, PowerPoint presentations, etc. The individual requires strong initiative and sound judgement,
with the ability to work independently, following the digital communications plan. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Digital Communications, the Media Designer will have the following
roles and responsibilities:
- Daily updates of the Manning Centre website and social media tools, and regular correspondence with supporters via email.
- Work with the Director Digital Communications and other staff to develop creative.
- products (videos, infographics, PowerPoint presentations, reports, etc.).
- Other duties as may be required.
Qualifications and Scope of Position
- High level of proficiency is required in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office, to preform the varied duties of this position. Video editing experience is a plus
- Professionalism, maturity and sound judgement are required to successfully manage the challenges of this position.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Canadian political system.
- Demonstrated the ability to maintain confidentiality and handle issues of a sensitive nature with tact and discretion.
- Strong record of achievement; an entrepreneurial, hands-on approach.
- This position requires a high level of organizational skill; excellent attention to detail; the ability to work closely and intensely with the executive staff.
- Must be able to make educated and informed decisions; prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously; follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures and conflicting priorities; handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and work with minimal supervision.
- A working knowledge of oral and written French would be an asset.
- Familiarization and supportive experience with the vision and values of the Manning Centre.
- Deadline is September 1 – please include "Media Designer Internship" in the subject line
- Please provide a link to your portfolio in your coverletter
- submit coverletter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org