- Students & Youth
We're Hiring! - Executive Assistant / Project Associate
The Manning Centre is currently hiring an Executive Assistant / Project Associate to support our management team. If you have an interest in politics, have the skils necessary to serve an executive team and can work independently, please see the job posting below!
Job Description: Executive Assistant / Project Associate
Location: Calgary AB
Reports to: Management Team
Duration: Full-time employee
Compensation: Negotiable with a comprehensive benefit package
Our Vision: A freer, stronger, better-governed Canada
- Maximize freedom, responsibility, and accountability
- Pursue market-based solutions to public problems
- Live within our means, fiscally and ecologically
- Decentralize economic and political power through subsidiarity
- Strengthen grassroots democracy and democratic institutions
- Respect Canada’s cultural, religious and democratic traditions
Our Mission: To strengthen the values, knowledge, ethics, skills, communication capabilities, and leadership capacities of Canada’s political participants who share our founding values and principles through research, training, and networking.
Job Summary: This job requires the ability to provide administrative support at an executive level. The individual requires strong initiative and sound judgment, with the ability to work independently. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups is a must.
Role & Responsibilities: Reporting to the Management Team, the Executive Assistant / Project Associate will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Manage business schedules and calendars, including arranging meetings, conference calls and booking appointments.
- Act as a representative of the Management Team, demonstrating superior judgement with both internal and external clients.
- Organize all details for the Management Team and Board of Directors travel as well as client visits, including flight and accommodations.
- Monitor email, voicemail and other correspondence and help respond when appropriate.
- Type, format and create documents including letters, reports, meeting notes and follow up.
- Create and maintain digital and physical filing systems.
- Reconcile and submit monthly expenses.
- Manage and oversee everyday office operations.
- Update and maintain the NationBuilder database.
Qualifications and Scope of Position:
- A high level of proficiency is required in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, to perform the varied duties of this position. Experience with Apple computers, Google Apps, NationBuilder and fundraising applications is an asset.
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience as an executive assistant; professionalism, maturity and sound judgement are required to successfully manage the challenges of this position.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Canadian political system (federal, provincial and municipal).
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle issues of a sensitive nature with tact and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups.
- Strong record of achievement; an entrepreneurial, hands-on approach.
- This position requires a high level of organizational skill; excellent attention to detail; the ability to work closely and intensely with the executive staff, often in a confidential environment.
- Must be able to make educated and informed decisions; prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously; follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures and conflicting priorities; handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and work with minimal supervision.
- A working knowledge of oral and written French would be an asset.
- Familiarization and supportive experience with the vision and values of the Manning Centre.
To view a PDF for this position – click here
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm (MT), March 24, 2017.